There are a lot of reasons to display a Report within a Dashboard. And i have decided to write my own blog for this purpose And take help from this blog. So today i am sharing the steps so you can do it on your project too.
1. Run the report you want to display in a Dashboard.
2. Press F11 Copy the URL that displays in address bar
3. Create a New Dashboard. Chose any layout that fits in your requirement
5. Paste the above Url after making the following adjustments to it:
- Remove “http://myservername/myorgname” . This will make your url relative.
- Replace “?action=filter” with “?action=run”. This will bypass the first step before running the report where CRM asks for some parameters.
for instance, if the original url was:
..then, you should write:
6. Also, clear checkbox ‘Restrict cross-frame scripting’ . At least in my case I had to do that to make it work.
7. Use the buttons ‘Increase Width’ and ‘Increase Height’ so as to make the IFRAME fill the whole page of your Dashboard (or just the space it’s supposed to need).
8. Save & Close the Dashboard.
9. Publish the Dashboard.
10. Try It! :) . After publishing make some minor changes like size / layout depending upon your requirement.But our main pupose has been achieved which is displaying the report.
Hope it helps,